ART ROSS, SIOR
Senior Managing Director
Newmark Knight Frank
10 Tower Lane
Avon, CT 06001-4211
Years of Experience
Areas of Specialization
- Industrial Tenant Representation
- Industrial Landlord Representation
- Industrial Property Sales
- State Incentives Negotiations
Art Ross serves as a senior managing director in the Hartford, Connecticut office of Newmark Knight Frank, where he specializes in the sale and leasing of industrial properties in the Northeast. Until March 2015, Mr. Ross was Vice President and a partner at Hart Corporation, one of the nation’s leading real estate firms for industrial facilities in non- metropolitan areas. His responsibilities included overseeing Hart’s real estate services in New England and New York. Mr. Ross had worked at Hart Corporation in its Northeast Regional Office since January 1989.
Mr. Ross brings to Newmark Knight Frank more than 29 years of industrial real estate experience. Since joining in March 2015, he has been growing NKF’s Industrial Practice Group in New England and New York, especially southern New England; having completed 5.3 million SF in industrial transactions as a tenant rep, landlord rep and sales agent. Over the course of his career, Mr. Ross has been appointed by reputable landlords to represent some of the largest industrial assignments in the New England area including:
- Textron, – sold eight manufacturing facilities totaling 2.55 million SF
- Katy Industries Portfolio – 525 million SF sold, leased or subleased in 16 properties across six states and Canada
- Winstanley Enterprises Portfolio – 1 million SF in North Springfield, VT; Brattleboro VT; Westbrook, ME; Chicopee, MA; East Hartford, CT; and Farmington, CT
- MS York LLC – 200 Westinghouse Road, Horseheads, NY – 860,000 SF – Leased 725,531 SF to Tall Timbers Distribution, Eaton Electric and Crown Tank, and later sold the property on behalf of the landlord
- Niagara Bottling Company – site search resulting in 46 acre acquisition in Bloomfield, CT to support the construction of a 450,000 SF bottling plant
- XPO Logistics – two leases in New Hampshire totaling 151,000 SF
In addition to the above, Mr. Ross was engaged by numerous other property owners to sell industrial, flex, warehouse and manufacturing properties on their behalf ranging in size from 53,300 SF to 1.7 million SF across New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts, New Hampshire and Vermont. Amongst the owners he represented were Belden Corporation, New Boston Fund, St. Johnsbury Development Fund, Fortis Property Group, Sherrill Manufacturing, Groveton Acquisitions, LLC, Lancaster Colony, and Timbar Packaging.
As a tenant rep, Mr. Ross has represented a broad range of industrial clients in both single and multi-market transactions. Noteworthy tenants include Packaging Corporation of America for 97,703 SF in Westfield, MA; Velux America for 49,266 SF in Windsor, CT; and Airgas on several assignments, most recently for 14,080 SF in Warwick, RI.
Mr. Ross was a recipient of the CoStar Power Broker Award in 2015 and 2016. In 2006 and 2008, he received the Largest Dollar Transaction award from Hart Group International, an affiliation of Hart Corporation and some of the world’s leading industrial real estate brokers.
An active member of the Society of Industrial and Office Realtors (SIOR) Connecticut Chapter, Mr. Ross serves as the chapter Vice President and Head of Public Relations. Along with fellow SIOR CT Chapter members, he frequently volunteers in construction projects for Habitat for Humanity. He has also served for the last ten years as the Director of Public Relations for the Connecticut/Western Massachusetts Chapter of Habitat for Humanity.
Mr. Ross holds real estate broker’s licenses in Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island and Vermont. He is a graduate of the University of Connecticut.